Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ice cream as big as your head



Nana and Papaw treated the boys and I to a wonderful afternoon a few days ago. To celebrate a whole week of good school behavior we spent the afternoon eating, playing and going out for ice cream. Nathan got a root beer float that was seriously as big as his head and he inhaled it faster than I could tell him to slow down. I looked at it when he first got it, turned my head to get Brandon settled with his ice cream, looked back at Nathan and it was gone. His eyes were glazed over from all the sugar and a big smile was smeared across his face. Brandon took a little longer to eat his but he finished every single bite. He got one scoop of strawberry ice cream in a dish. He used his spoon, a straw and then decided it was best to just pick up the dish and slurp it up. It was way too much ice cream for one little boy, but he was determined and finished it all. After he was done he rubbed his belly, moaned and smiled like he was in heaven. After the ice cream was devoured we headed over to the other side of the parlor, looked at Christmas decorations, the boys talked us into getting them some rock candy and little wooden tops. It was a great time. My parents and I laughed so hard watching the kids eat/inhale their treats. I don't know who had more fun, the boys or us.



No comments: