Thursday, June 25, 2009
This week we have spent pretty much every minute outside. It's been hot, humid and sticky. Perfect for kool-aid and popsicles. The ice cream truck has been teasing us endlessly too. We hear it in the neighborhood behind ours but never see it. That drives the boys nuts! So, I have to break out our own popsicles or ice cream to hold back the tears of frustration. Stupid ice cream truck. How mean is that anyway? Drive through one neighborhood but not any others. Seriously.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
I love my dad even though he drove me to school in a hideous baby-poop-brown Pacer that would smoke and backfire. Causing me to never to miss the bus on purpose again.
I love my dad even though he would push me head first into huge snow piles.
I love my dad even though he would tease me until I was so mad all I wanted to do was cry. Then he would make me laugh, which would make me even more mad because I didn't want to laugh...I wanted to cry and be mad.
I love my dad even though he would wake me up by squirting water up my nose with a water gun.
I love my dad.
I love my dad because he would wake me up early so we could drive to the park and watch the sun rise over the trees, then go pick up breakfast for mom.
I love my dad even though we wouldn't catch any fish, we had fun sitting in the boat talking about nothing but saying everything.
I love my dad.
I love that my dad taught me to laugh at myself, to smile at rude people, how to get even and how to tease my kids. I love that he taught me how to be a good listener, a good friend and a great parent.
I love that my dad loves my kids and they love him.
I love my dad. Happy Father's Day, Daddio!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Once we got home I asked the boys if they wanted to play outside. Nathan looked at me like I was crazy "but it's still raining outside." "So" I said "are you afraid of getting wet?" And off we went to slosh in the mud puddles of our backyard.
It was awesome.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
- Nana and Papaw let us come down and swim in their pool, fed us yummy food and stuffed our faces with the best desserts ever! (I made the desserts, so of course they were great! Just ask me, I'll tell you!)
- Uncle Rick was in town so we got to hang out with him. The boys fought over who was going to sit next to him, he took them out for ice cream and played baseball in the back yard.
- We also got to see Uncle Eric and he taught the kids how to "pull his finger." Thanks Uncle Eric!
- Harmony (Brian's mom) took us to the Korean store and loaded the kids up with every snack possible.
- We have also been to the playground a few times and spent countless hours in our back yard playing in the sprinkler, sandbox and picking our neighbor's flowers.
- I've taken Nathan to our public library for story time and we've signed up for their summer reading program. So far we have read three books.
That was our week. Now it is raining and we are stuck inside. Brian is off for the next three days and I think we are going to try to take the kids to Uncle Eric's fire station to see the fire trucks, maybe the Children's Museum and possibly bowling. Fun, fun, fun!