Saturday, June 20, 2009

Even though...

I love my dad.

I love my dad even though he drove me to school in a hideous baby-poop-brown Pacer that would smoke and backfire. Causing me to never to miss the bus on purpose again.

I love my dad even though he would push me head first into huge snow piles.

I love my dad even though he would tease me until I was so mad all I wanted to do was cry. Then he would make me laugh, which would make me even more mad because I didn't want to laugh...I wanted to cry and be mad.

I love my dad even though he would wake me up by squirting water up my nose with a water gun.

I love my dad.

I love my dad because he would wake me up early so we could drive to the park and watch the sun rise over the trees, then go pick up breakfast for mom.

I love my dad even though we wouldn't catch any fish, we had fun sitting in the boat talking about nothing but saying everything.

I love my dad.

I love that my dad taught me to laugh at myself, to smile at rude people, how to get even and how to tease my kids. I love that he taught me how to be a good listener, a good friend and a great parent.

I love that my dad loves my kids and they love him.

I love my dad. Happy Father's Day, Daddio!


1 comment:

ghunter said...

Love you too Baby Doll