Sunday, June 14, 2009

The weatherman lied!

Nothing really went according to plan today. First we were suppose to go to a strawberry festival but it turns out that it closed yesterday. So we turned around and decided to go grab lunch. While we were having lunch the sky opened up and let loose. It rained and rained and rained. Nathan blurted out "the weatherman lied to me! He said it was suppose to be nice and sunny today!" I tried to explain that in Indiana it really doesn't matter what the weatherman says, mother nature kind of has a mind of her own. We finished our lunch and made a mad dash for the car. Nathan splashed in every puddle and Brandon buried his head in my chest as we ran. We were all more than a little soaked, to say the least. So since our plans of sunshine and strawberries were washed away we made our way back home.
Once we got home I asked the boys if they wanted to play outside. Nathan looked at me like I was crazy "but it's still raining outside." "So" I said "are you afraid of getting wet?" And off we went to slosh in the mud puddles of our backyard.
It was awesome.

1 comment:

Together We Save said...

Some of the best memories from my girls being little is splashing in puddles. At 17, 15, and 12 they still love it.