Monday, April 23, 2012

A new chapter

The other day was a BIG day for Brandon. We registered him for kindergarten. This fall he'll be starting full day kindergarten and he couldn't be more excited. Me, on the other hand, could wait another year or two (or 10). He was so excited to go to the school, play with some of the kids and meet some teachers. They had the kids go through an evaluation to see what they already know and what they need to work on during the summer before school starts. Since Brandon is a little genious, he doesn't need to work on anything. The teacher that did the evaluation said he was "one smart little man." All I could do was stand there smiling like a fool, thinking to myself "well, duh! I could have told you that!" But I just smiled and thanked her.
Brandon cannot wait to pick out a backpack and a new lunch box. He's already changed his mind 15 times about what type he wants and we haven't even been to the store yet. I'm sure that's going to be a fun (and long) day at the store. And he keeps quizzing Nathan about what he'll do in kindergarten. "Bubba, will I have homework like you? Bubba, is the teacher nice? Bubba, will I have to tie my own shoes?" Nathan is so patient with him too. He answers all his questions and always tells Brandon that he is going to love it.

No comments: