Friday, January 29, 2010

Right of Passage


One huge childhood milestone for me was spending the night at my grandparents house. At first I was always nervous for some odd reason, it wasn't like they were strangers or anything, but just being away from my parents always made me nervous. But the memories of playing in the orchard, watching my grandmommy make pickles, "working" out in the garage with Pop-pop are some of the best memories of my childhood. Now my kids are making memories of their own with their first overnight slumber party at Nana and Papaw's house. I don't know who was more excited, my parents or my boys. The boys were squealing with excitement as I was literally pushed out the door. I can just imagine all the fun they are going to have. I wish I could peak through the windows and watch what they are doing. But I would probably get caught by the neighbors and have to explain to the cops why I'm an over protective mom just wanting to watch her kids make memories while playing with their grandparents. Geez.

No comments: