Tuesday, January 19, 2010

You're not a girl

According to Brandon, I'm not a girl. I'm just mommy. Mommies are not girls, they are mommies.
Nathan is always saying boys rule and girls druel. Except for me, since I'm not a girl. I'm a mommy.
I don't know when it happened, but evidently I've stopped being a girl and have been consumed in mommy-ness. That's OK. I'll take being a mommy over a girl for now. I'll be a girl again after the boys are grown and I don't have to get up at 5am to go to work just so we don't have to get a babysitter. Or when I don't have to dig earthworms out of little boys pants pockets before they get totally mushed. Or when I don't have to wipe boogers off the wall. Or when I don't have to referee two little boys wrestling match. I'll be a girl again one day, but I'll always be a mommy.

No comments: