Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hot summer

This summer has been insanely hot. Crazy hot! In the 100's hot! We had a few days of cool 80-90 degree relief but today it's 95 and humid. It kinda sucks.
Other than the weather, we've had a nice summer. Last week we had out of town family here. The boys were in heaven! Grandpa, Penny and David drove down from MN and Uncle Rick and Auna were here from CT. We went to movies, the arcade, had a cook out and just hung out enjoying each others company. It was really nice having everyone together and really sad to see everyone leave.
Now we are getting ready for school. Just a couple more weeks and Nathan will be a big 4th grader and Brandon will start kindergarten. Crayons, glue sticks and number 2 pencils will need to be bought along with Kleenex for the first day of school. I may need a tissue or two to get me through the day. I'll now be handing off both of my children to strangers. It just doesn't feel right. But I suppose those apron strings need to be cut. And I may be a tad bit dramatic about the stranger part. Just a tad though.

No comments: