Sunday, July 6, 2014

Fun times

I love the 4th of July! It's probably my favorite holiday. I love the fireworks, cookouts, family fun, and the fireworks. Oh, did I say fireworks already? Fireworks make me so happy! Samson, our 100lb sissy dog, doesn't like fireworks. He tries to curl up as close as he can to me or Brian and shakes like a chihuahua. It's pretty pitiful. His name doesn't fit him, but we love him anyway.
The boys spent the 4th with my parents this year.  They swam, let off fireworks, had a cookout, went to the play ground, swam some more, went for a bike ride, and I'm pretty sure they had way too much junk food. And they came home to me worn out. Exhausted beyond words and ready to do it all over again!




While they were having fun in the sun, I enjoyed some time alone. I grabbed my book, a beer and sat my butt in front of the fire pit until it got too dark to read. Then I sat back at watched the neighbors set off some really good fireworks until Brian got home. I'm ready to do that all over again too!



No comments: