Thursday, May 28, 2009

No more pencils, no more books...

Summer vacation is finally here! My little man is now a first grader. Holy cow, where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday we were packing Nathan's back pack for the first day of school. Unopened boxes of crayons, a new Incredible Hulk notebook, sharp No. 2 pencils are now replaced with broken crayons, the notebook is filled will little Nathan stories and the pencils are dull and the erasers are worn from correcting misspelled words. So much has been learned this year. Not only by Nathan but me too.
He has learned how to solve math problems, read, spell, make new friends and become an independent young man. I've learned to let him do his own thing and that he doesn't need me to hold his hand every second of the day. My lessons were a little harder to comprehend and accept but I've finally let them soak into my thick skull and just go with it.
I'm so proud of Nathan. He is smart, kind and very determined. I couldn't be any happier.

No comments: