Monday, May 18, 2009

Unwelcome visitor

I dropped Nathan off at school, put Brandon down for a nap and I was going to spend some time outside by myself doing yard work this afternoon. The key word is suppose to be "by myself." Someone else had plans of their own to ruin my alone time. That someone was a slithery little snake that scared the snot out of me and froze my feet to the ground. I don't like snakes. I don't care how they eat bugs and mice. I don't believe it when someone says that the snake is more scared of us than we are of it. I just don't believe that. And if you could have seen me this afternoon you wouldn't believe that either.
I was putting up some new hanging flower pots on my front porch when I noticed how shabby my shrubs looked. As I took a closer look at the shrub I thought that it was dying because it was brown right in the middle. But as I leaned even closer I realized that brown stuff had a head and beady little eyes. That when I screamed, jumped, shivered and just about wet myself. Of course Brian isn't home to rescue me so I had to figure something else out. That's when I saw my neighbor. The poor man was just washing his car, minding his own business when I stroll up bug-eyed and asking him if he is afraid of snakes. Thank God he isn't a sissy like me! He chased my unwelcome visitor away and I got to finish my yard work.
I don't like snakes. Nope. Not at all.

No comments: