Wednesday, July 22, 2009

7 years ago

7 years ago today Brian and I got hitched in Las Vegas. It was a blast. And it has been a blast ever since. We've bought a house, had two kids, changed careers, laughed, loved, cried and everything else in between. It's been great and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.
Brian had to work today so we haven't been able to celebrate as we would have liked (and when I say we I mean me). So this weekend my parents are watching the kids (overnight) for us. It will be the first time that both of the kids have spent the night away from us. I'm kind of excited and nervous all at once. Silly, I know! But I'm excited to have Brian all to myself for an entire day and night. No little monkeys hanging on his leg while I try to talk to him, no pitter-patter of little feet running into our room at 3am to snuggle with us, no fights to break up at dinner. That's what I'm excited about. We could stay home and sleep all day for all I care. I just know a quiet evening with Brian is all I want.

No comments: