Thursday, July 9, 2009

Views from our back door

We have seen so many things from our back door. The boys and I will pull up the kitchen chairs, grab a snack and watch what is going on in our back yard. These past few months have been really good too.
We've seen men swinging from limb to limb in our neighbors trees, pruning it back. Kittens have lived under our shed. We got to watch them play and grow. Now there are two baby bunnies that have taken up residence under there. We've seen fireworks and fire trucks, raccoons and opossums, and crazy squirrels chasing each other around the trees. The fireflies have been lighting up our backyard lately, playing peek-a-boo with the kids. Now you see me, now you don't.
I've let the kids play outside by themselves. It's funny watching them play "unsupervised." They think they are big stuff, running and jumping off of their jungle gym. Chasing each other like little madmen. All the while they both keep sneaking peeks at the back door to see if I'm watching. I am, of course, but I'm hiding. They think they're getting some much deserved independance from mommy but I'm still watching like a hawk. Those two can get into a lot of trouble in no time at all.

No comments: