Saturday, September 26, 2009

Finally, the weekend!

This week has been a little hectic. Tuesday Brian woke up and didn't feel that great. He went to work anyway but a few hours later he was on his way to the hospital. Now, if Brian goes to the doctor for anything, it's because he thinks he may be dying. So when he called and said he was going to the hospital I was sure he was a goner. He told me he thought it was his appendix but wasn't sure so he was going to go get checked out. Four hours later it was confirmed that his appendix was the cause of his tummy ache and surgery was scheduled for sometime the next morning. I hate when they say "sometime" the next morning. That's a twelve hour period! At 6am the next morning Brian called to tell me they would be taking him back for surgery within the hour. The boys and I were out the door 15mins later (everyone dressed, hair combed, toys and snacks packed, and waffles in hand) and on our way the hospital. We get there, race up to his floor just to find out we missed him by two minutes. But the lovey nurse called the other lovey nurse and told her to wait so we could see him for a few minutes. We got to see Brian before surgery, kissed him, hugged him and told him we love, love, love him. 45 minutes later the doctor came out to the waiting room and told us Brian was just fine. He appendix did not burst, it was just a little inflamed and he should be able to go home the next day. Sigh of relief and a hallelujah was heard around the room.
While Brian was in recovery, the boys and I raced back home. I got Nathan ready for school, fed the dogs and let them out, took Nathan to school, then Brandon and I went back to the hospital to welcome Brian back from la-la land.
A day later with a few stitches and pain medicine in hand, we were bringing Brian back home. He's a little slow on his feet and a little cranky (that's pretty normal for him anyway!) but feeling better.
Brian has some of the greatest friends and family on this earth. They called me to make sure the boys and I were ok, the guys he works with sat with him at the hospital when I had to go home to take care of the boys, my parents and our neighbors offered to watch the boys or take Nathan to school for me if needed. I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to know that we have such amazing people in our lives. Thank you all!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Oh, man - glad all is well. You never know what adventure lies around the corner.