Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn

It is always bittersweet to say goodbye to summer. No more long days to soak in the sunshine. No more playing outside in the warmth from son up til son down. (heehee, get it? Sun/Son. I crack myself up!). But I absolutely love, love, love autumn. The crisp cool weather, leaves changing colors, carving pumpkins for Halloween. Love it!
Nathan is also torn. He hates that it's getting dark earlier outside but is so excited for Halloween. G.I.Joe is all the rage with him right now so of course that is who he wants to dress up as for Halloween. Brandon says he wants to be that too, but Iron Man keeps coming up every now and then. I'm sure he'll change his mind a hundred times before the big night comes around.
We will be making Fall/Halloween decorations this weekend to welcome the change of season. Ghost and skeletons will be lerking around our front yard. Bats and spiders will dare you to ring our doorbell. And a fat pumpkin will be proudly plopped on our front steps saying "two crazy kids, a mummy, mad hatter, and two devil dogs live here. Would you like some candy, my sweet?"

No comments: