Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What was I thinking?

Yesterday I took the kids to the grocery store with me. I hate taking them with me to the grocery store, but since I'm working mornings now I can't go at 2am like I use to. Those were the good old days. Roaming the aisle's of Kroger in the wee hours of the morning, all by myself.
Now, I'm dragging two little monsters along with me to a crowded store. Woohoo. Love it!
Anyway. Back to my point of 'what was I thinking?'
I got suckered into buying powdered sugar donuts. Why would I buy my children sugar covered balls of sugary dough? Why? What did I think would happen after they ate those things? That's my point...I wasn't thinking. I didn't think far enough ahead to see they would have a full blown sugar attack.
Brian fed the kids the donuts this morning while I was at work. And by the time I got home, they were full blown into their sugar frenzy. Brandon's face was still covered in powdered sugar since he couldn't hold still long enough for Brian to clean his face. And Nathan's eyes were bulged out and his head was just about ready to explode.
Oh. My. Goodness.
I just wanted to turn around and go back to work. There was running, squealing, jumping and wrestling going on all at once. I was overwhelmed. I looked at Brian and he just shook his head and went to work.
Whaaat? I was alone. Alone with two sugar crazed boys. Crap.
This house wasn't going to be standing if I just waited it out, so I turned them loose outside. Like the wild animals they were. After two hours and some real food in them, they are back to normal. As normal as two little boys can be.

1 comment: