Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A letter to Nathan's first grade teacher

Dear Mrs. White,

Today you get to keep my son all day long. His little hand may reach for yours today because he sometimes gets nervous around new kids and needs a hand to hold. Please hold it as I would.
For his lunch, I packed something nutritious and yummy. I put a little letter in his lunch box to let him know that I'm thinking of him and love him so very much. He may need help reading it. Please help him and read it with love in your heart.
At recess today he'll probably look for his friends from Kindergarten and play cops and robbers. If he falls and scrapes his knee, can you wipe his tears and let him know that everything will be ok.
And, if by chance he gets teased by a classmate, would you beat the snot out of that little brat like I would if I were there.

Thank you and have a wonderful first day of first grade!

Sincerely,
Nathan's mommy

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Loved this blog! Where does the time go? I love the way you mother!