Thursday, December 11, 2008

Breakfast with the big guy himself!

Tomorrow morning Nathan and I get to have breakfast with Santa. Santa will be making a rare and special appearance at Nathan's school between the wee hours of 745a-845a, then it is back to the North Pole for last minute adjustments to the "who's been naughty and nice list." Well, that's what I've told Nathan anyway. hee hee!
Nathan is not a morning person, so it will probably be interesting when 7a rolls around. He may jump up out of bed with no problems or he may moan and groan and we'll end up snuggling the morning away. But just the idea of having cinnamon rolls and o.j. with Santa has made him giddy with excitement.
Yesterday Nathan got to go to the school's Holiday Gift Shop and purchase gifts all by himself. We sent a check with him, which he thought was just a piece of paper, and they gave him money back for the difference he didn't use. That was a huge deal! He thought that besides the gifts he got, they actually gave him money too! The look on his face was of total amazement. "Mommy I bought stuff and they gave me some money too!" And the poor boy cannot keep a secret for anything. As soon as he saw me he blurted out what he got me. I remember doing that as a kid too. Ok fine, it was last Christmas! At least we know who he gets it from.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I want to have breakfast with Santa! Love your blog!

Mommy to Monkeys said...

Glad you like it. I like yours too...when you update it! : )