Saturday, December 27, 2008

Boys and their toys

I finally got all of the toys put away today. Well, I got them all put away until noon, then all were dragged out of their hiding places by two little boys. Why can't kids play with a toy, put it away, then get another toy out? This drives me bonkers! Our house isn't big enough to accommodate all of these toys out at once! So, do you know what that means? Nathan doesn't know this yet but one day this week we are getting rid of old toys to make room for the new ones. And when I say "we" I mean me, the soon to be mean mommy.
This wonderful event takes place twice a year. And every time it happens you would think the world was coming to a violent and horrifying end. "Mommy, I still play with that...that's my favorite toy ever...I looooooooove that one...why are you doing this to me?" Drama, drama, drama!
This time I'm going to have Brian take both of the boys out so I can do this on my own.
No little hands to "help." No little boys with sad puppy dogs eyes convincing me to let him keep just one more toy. Just me, all my byself (as Nathan says) tossin' toys.

No comments: