Friday, January 23, 2009

3:32 pm

Two years ago at 3:32pm Brandon wiggled into this world at a whopping 10lbs 3oz. My due date was actually the day before but he didn't really care. He was warm, cozy and not in any hurry to come into this world. But I was so ready for him.
I had a doctors appointment that day and begged my doctor to induce me. I looked and felt like a water buffalo and just couldn't take another day of being pregnant. She really didn't want to induce me so I started threatening that if she didn't do it I wasn't leaving her office. I must have looked pretty intimidating (or pitiful) because she called the hospital and told me to check in the next morning at 11am. Wahoo!
That night Brian and I took Nathan out for dinner for the last time as a threesome. Then we came home and watched a movie together, all of us snuggled on the couch. Those were the "good days" as Nathan says.
That next morning I basically skipped going into the hospital I was so excited. They hooked me up to the "good stuff" and a few hours later Brandon literally wiggled himself out into this world.
We were all pretty shocked that he was over 10lbs. The doctor had estimated 9lbs. She then apologized to me, doubting my drama act the previous day.
We brought him home a couple of days later and nothing has been the same since.
Two boys. Twice as much fun!

No comments: