Friday, January 16, 2009

No school today=hot chocolate for breakfast

It also means that video games are played, bird houses are painted and naps are long and slobbery.
I use to love it when school was cancelled. I remember going to work with my dad or he would stay home with me and make hot chocolate. I remember my parents and I heading to the park with our sleds and spending the afternoon freezing our butts off.
But today it was in the negative numbers and I was not about to venture outside with the kids. We stayed safely bundled inside and played with every toy. We made hot chocolate with two types of chocolate. We made tomato surprises with sprinkles on top. And tonight we are going to make a cake. I think our hardest decision of the day will be what type of cake to make.
Coconut? Chocolate? Maybe chocolate cupcakes with a cheesecake center? Sweet dilemmas.

No comments: