Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Beginnings and Endings

Mornings belong to Brandon. Brandon is my little early bird, which means I am too (reluctantly). Most mornings he will pull up two chairs to our back door and we watch what is going on in our backyard. We watch the clouds form, leaves dance around, and if we are lucky, the squirrels will be out playing. Our squirrels are about the size of a medium sized cat. So, Brandon calls them "kitty" and meows at them. I love sitting there with him, his eyes wide in wonder. It's a perfect start to any morning.

Nathan, on the other hand, is my night owl. The night belongs to him. After we put baby brother to bed we get to have our special time. Sometimes we'll work on his homework or play board games. We'll pop popcorn and watch a movie with all the lights turned off. My favorite though is when he brings me five or twenty books to read. We curl up on the couch and read until daddy comes home. It's the perfect ending to any day.

No comments: