Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day

Nathan has been so excited about Veteran's Day. This month in school they made calendars and highlighted Election Day, Veteran's Day and Thanksgiving. He was happy that Obama won on Election Day, but Veteran's day has captivated his full attention this month. "Mommy, what is Veteran's Day?" "Mommy, what are veterans?" "Mommy, how many veterans do I know?" "Mommy, will I be a veteran some day?" Brian and I explain what veterans are but my favorite was telling him about all the people in his life that are veterans. His grandpa (Brian's dad) was in the Army, papaw (my dad) was in the Army National Guard, his uncle Danny (my uncle) was in the Army, pop-pop (my grandpa) was in the Marines and his uncle Eric (Brian's friend who might as well be his brother) was in the Navy. Oh, his little blue eyes just lit up like the 4th of July. So, in honor of all the hero's in his life, he wore his camouflage pants today. And as for his last question "will I be a veteran some day?" I changed the subject to Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Happy Veteran's Day!

And, you get an "I Love Your Blog" award! Hooray!

Award Post where you can pick up your lovely prize.