Saturday, November 22, 2008

One Day

One of these days my living room is going to mine again. I won't step on any blocks in the wee hours of the morning. I'll have a library that doesn't consist of books with just pictures, there will be books with words too. My bed will not have superhero blankets on it for when the kids decide to sleep with us. My kitchen won't have a Little Tykes picnic table or little letter magnets all over the fridge. The walls in the guest bathroom will not be canary yellow or decorated in surfboards, I may keep the seashells though. My carpet will be clean and spot free, no smudges on the windows and there will be no toy cars in my shoes.

One day my home will be quiet. Then I will miss little letter magnets, brightly colored bathroom walls and superhero blankets. But for right now it would be really nice not to step on a block when I'm barely awake. It hurts!

No comments: