Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanks mom

Let me tell you a story about a woman who is totally awesome.
She has many names but I call her mom, sometimes mommy. She has been my mom for, well, ever since I can remember and I love her with every ounce of my soul.
We have sang out of key to James Brown's "I feel good" after a day of scrubbing toilets, drooled over beef jerky, laughed so hard at each other we could barely stand, cried at Hallmark commercials and talked on the phone for hours like teenage girls.
After I had Brandon and quit working to stay home with the boys, she "hired" me to clean her house just so I could have a few extra bucks. She has laid me off since then, but that's ok, whatever.
I have taken advantage of her, treated her like crap when I was a teenager (sorry about that!) and asked her to sleep on my couch with me after I had Nathan because I was scared out of my mind. And tonight she shared something with me she worked 10 years for. She was given a gift certificate by her previous boss to a jewelry store and told me that I could have half of it.
Who does that?
Because she was so generous I was able to get Brian a Christmas gift I wouldn't otherwise been able to get him since I don't have a job outside of the home right now.
That's how awesome she is.

No comments: