Thursday, November 13, 2008

For the love of all things quiet...

Loud children...that's what I have. Very loud children. I could pull my hair out sometimes because it is so loud, but this afternoon I had a quiet moment and I just didn't know what to do with myself. Quiet moments don't happen very often. When they do happen I kind of stumble around the house in a daze. I wonder if it is my mind trying to figure out where I am. The surroundings look familiar, it smells like our house, but the lack of noise throws it off. What's going on, it says. Then I realize that it is quiet because the boys are doing something they're not suppose to be doing. Climbing over the back of the love seat, over and over again.
Once I stopped their furniture climbing expedition, the madness resumed and my mind was once again crowded with screams and squeals. Nathan is now playing his keyboard as loud as it will go and Brandon is singing "Underdog" into the microphone as loud as his voice will go. I remember where I am now...crazy town.

No comments: