Saturday, September 27, 2008

She came and stole my boys' hearts...

Today Ginger (my bestest friend in the whole wide world) came over and spent the afternoon with the boys and I. We had such a wonderful time. We took the kids to the park and watched them play while we sat on the bench and talked. We talked about everything and everybody. It was great, I haven't done that in ages. Then we had lunch, came back to my house and talked some more. Nathan and Brandon really took to Ging. They had to show her all of their tricks and wanted her full attention, which she gave, and they totally fell in love with her. Especially Nathan. He drew her some pictures and painted a sun catcher for her. He gave her hugs and kisses and told me after she left that she needs to come over every Saturday to play. I have to agree with that.
Ginger and I have been friends since high school. We've laughed, cried, giggled, plotted, and have done some questionable things together. I love her like a sister and feel incredibly lucky to have her in my life. Who else would sit on the phone with me and talk for hours as I polish off an entire bottle of wine and still understand what I'm saying. That's what I call a great friend! ;)

No comments: